Skip to main content

Yep...

...another month and not a whole lot to show for it.  LOL

I'm still doodling on practically everything I can get my hands on.  Yeah, I could just *write* my name on my leftover container but where's the fun with that?!

I went to a big adult-only camping event with a bunch of friends and had a blast!  This is the one weekend a year I let my inhibitions down a bit and do crazy things, like wear sleeveless sundresses with no shrugs over them. ;)  I ended up being plastic wrapped to a tree and shot at with a large water gun this weekend as well.  The funniest part of that whole scenario is that the plastic wrapping was my idea.  LOL  I have a pic of it but there is partial nudity and I don't want to subject y'all to that. :)

When I am feeling anxious, I have a tendency to cook.  A lot.  I'm not sure what my brain is crunching on that is causing me to wake up a lot during the night but I have a whole pile of new cookbooks that are helping to console me. :)
 
This is a picture of Sunday night's dinner: I slow roasted a beef brisket (a first for me) and made twice-baked sour cram & herb potatoes with buttered corn.  It. Was. AWESOME!  Saturday, I roasted a chicken (for the first time since before I met Hubbyman which was 1999) plus a couple sides, made homemade ricotta cheese, and made homemade baked potato chips.  I will be using the ricotta for part of tonight's dinner (spinach and ricotta pie to go with the chicken panzanella I am making with leftover chicken from Saturday).  Dinner will be ready by 8 if you want to stop by!
 
I had cold leftovers for breakfast this morning.  It was all just as good cold as it was the night before. :)  How cute are those little baked potatoes?!

I'm not sure if many others do this but I much prefer to eat leftovers for breakfast over lunch.  I'm not sure why.  Part of it may be because I am so excited to eat the leftovers that I just can't wait.  LOL  I mean, if I like it enough to eat it the next day, it must be good, right?  I also rarely heat up leftovers.  Stew and lasagna are about the only to exceptions to that. 

I am done with the physical therapy, though she wants me to come back for more.  We finally figured out what is causing my knee pain: my knee caps have misaligned due to the external tibial torsion I was born with. Because it wasn't caught/treated as a kid, I was told when I was 23 that I had 2 options: surgery or deal with issues when I got older.  The surgery scared the heck out of me so I did what most 23-year-old would do: I ignored it.  The surgery would have basically involved cutting my leg open, cutting my tibia in half and resetting my leg so it would be more straight.  For each leg.  Um, yeah... no.  Because of that, my knee caps need to be trained to go back where they should be. 

Even with insurance, each PT session costs me $40 out of pocket.  They have a payment plan but it adds up quickly so I have opted to do the exercises on my own.  My knees still hurt but they are better than before so I can tell it is working.  As for the lymphadema, it's still an issue.  My legs are such an odd shape that finding compression socks is proving to be a challenge.  Not to mention the fact that I hate wearing socks.  LOL  I have a new pair to try and, if these don't work, I will need to have them custom made.  They start at about $200 and are not covered by insurance.

Just the fact that I know what the problems are and am choosing to take care of things at my own pace and in my own way has helped a lot as far as my spirits go.  :)

I've also come to terms with my lack of need to create anything.  Obviously, my brain and/or soul are telling me it's not the right thing right now so I am just going to listen and do other things I enjoy. Like cooking!

Comments

  1. Your adults-only camping weekend sounds awesome! The idea of being plastic-wrapped to a tree & shot with water guns made me giggle like crazy. I love eating leftovers for breakfast as well - especially leftover pizza! I'm glad to hear that your health worries are slowly getting better. I hope the rest of your recovery is speedy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Then I wanna hear it! But if it's mean or an ad that doesn't fit with my blog theme, it may not stay for long. Just sayin'. :) And sorry about the word verification. I'm just tired of spambots invading my happy place. :P

Popular posts from this blog

New Apron

Still alive and still cooking A LOT!  The food blog has really taken off which isn't leaving much room for much else.  I really need to get crafty some time soon. But, I did recently find some time to design myself a brand new apron! Here's a more detailed image of my design: At least I am finding ways to combine my 2 passions! :)

Digital Age and Sausage

Wow... 2014 already!  The last of 2013 went by pretty quickly, but I don't know that I have a super lot to show for it. Well, that's not entirely true.  I've been pretty busy with the new site .  I've been having so much fun cooking and I think my photography skills are definitely improving when it comes to that part of the blogging.  I have been doing some creative things as well, though, especially over the last couple of weeks.  I received some money for the holidays and decided to invest in myself by getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (the original, not the new model) for the sole purpose of drawing.  I know, I know, it's completely wasting the bells and whistles of the technology, but I did some research and decided it was the best yet economical choice for what I want to do.  And, so far, I am not disappointed. I upgraded my S Pen and it really feels like I am drawing "the old fashioned way."  Even when I sketch out my design first, it looks and

New website!

You may remember that last month, I was trying to decide what I wanted to do blog-wise .  I finally decided that since my passion right now is food, cooking, and nutrition... I should concentrate on that.  And I think that is definitely the right decision for me. But... I don't think that is the right thing for Funky, Punky, & Plump.  So I am going to save this little corner of the blogworld as my place to post about pretty much everything other than food.  When my art, craft, or sewing bug hits, this is where I'll talk about it. Get Off The Couch and Cook is where I will be focusing on easy recipes that use real food, nothing processed.  I've already got it set up if you want to go check it out.  I've been kind of obsessed with it so even though there are only a handful of posts currently, there are quite a few more already scheduled. :) I feel good knowing what direction I am supposed to be going in.  I'm even sleeping better at night now even thou