Thursday, September 27, 2012

9 years

9 years ago today, I married my best friend. :)  To celebrate, we got dressed up and went for a fancy dinner at a restaurant called Ray's on the River.
I decided it would be a good night to wear not-black. :)
 .
I had a hard time getting a full body shot of myself, so I do apologize for the poor quality of this picture.  I got this dress a couple years ago to wear to my birthday party but ended up deciding on something else.  I love the mild vintage feel to the look of this dress.
 .
The restaurant had confetti on our table for us!
 .
Geek is gonna geek out no matter where he is. ;)  I picked this shirt out for him a while ago even though it's not his usual style.  The skull design makes me happy. 
 .
I started with a cup of acorn-butternut squash soup that was amazing!  I was so hungry that I forgot to take a pic of it, though.  LOL  BUT!  I didn't spill any on me. ;)  Then I got the Parmesan-crusted scallops with lobster risotto.  I only ate half of it but made yummy sounds the whole time.  I am really looking forward to the leftovers.
 .
We got a side of truffle mac & cheese to share.  It was okay.  Mine that I make is way better, even without the truffle flavor. :P  I only had a couple spoon-fulls and he ate about half.  The rest is in the fridge.
 .
They surprised us with a piece of chocolate ganache cake with whipped cream. :)  It was very, very sweet so I only had one bite.  I was so really full, though, so it was okay. :D
 .
The hostess took our picture for us as we were leaving. :)  I look so goofy! :P

2 comments:

  1. Aww, congratulations! You guys look so sweet together, and it looks like you had a great dinner. Your dress looks gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaawwwwwww! Thank you for sharing such a sweet, personal moment with us! You two look so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Then I wanna hear it! But if it's mean or an ad that doesn't fit with my blog theme, it may not stay for long. Just sayin'. :) And sorry about the word verification. I'm just tired of spambots invading my happy place. :P