Skip to main content

9 years

9 years ago today, I married my best friend. :)  To celebrate, we got dressed up and went for a fancy dinner at a restaurant called Ray's on the River.
I decided it would be a good night to wear not-black. :)
 .
I had a hard time getting a full body shot of myself, so I do apologize for the poor quality of this picture.  I got this dress a couple years ago to wear to my birthday party but ended up deciding on something else.  I love the mild vintage feel to the look of this dress.
 .
The restaurant had confetti on our table for us!
 .
Geek is gonna geek out no matter where he is. ;)  I picked this shirt out for him a while ago even though it's not his usual style.  The skull design makes me happy. 
 .
I started with a cup of acorn-butternut squash soup that was amazing!  I was so hungry that I forgot to take a pic of it, though.  LOL  BUT!  I didn't spill any on me. ;)  Then I got the Parmesan-crusted scallops with lobster risotto.  I only ate half of it but made yummy sounds the whole time.  I am really looking forward to the leftovers.
 .
We got a side of truffle mac & cheese to share.  It was okay.  Mine that I make is way better, even without the truffle flavor. :P  I only had a couple spoon-fulls and he ate about half.  The rest is in the fridge.
 .
They surprised us with a piece of chocolate ganache cake with whipped cream. :)  It was very, very sweet so I only had one bite.  I was so really full, though, so it was okay. :D
 .
The hostess took our picture for us as we were leaving. :)  I look so goofy! :P

Comments

  1. Aww, congratulations! You guys look so sweet together, and it looks like you had a great dinner. Your dress looks gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaaaawwwwwww! Thank you for sharing such a sweet, personal moment with us! You two look so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Then I wanna hear it! But if it's mean or an ad that doesn't fit with my blog theme, it may not stay for long. Just sayin'. :) And sorry about the word verification. I'm just tired of spambots invading my happy place. :P

Popular posts from this blog

New Apron

Still alive and still cooking A LOT!  The food blog has really taken off which isn't leaving much room for much else.  I really need to get crafty some time soon. But, I did recently find some time to design myself a brand new apron! Here's a more detailed image of my design: At least I am finding ways to combine my 2 passions! :)

Digital Age and Sausage

Wow... 2014 already!  The last of 2013 went by pretty quickly, but I don't know that I have a super lot to show for it. Well, that's not entirely true.  I've been pretty busy with the new site .  I've been having so much fun cooking and I think my photography skills are definitely improving when it comes to that part of the blogging.  I have been doing some creative things as well, though, especially over the last couple of weeks.  I received some money for the holidays and decided to invest in myself by getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (the original, not the new model) for the sole purpose of drawing.  I know, I know, it's completely wasting the bells and whistles of the technology, but I did some research and decided it was the best yet economical choice for what I want to do.  And, so far, I am not disappointed. I upgraded my S Pen and it really feels like I am drawing "the old fashioned way."  Even when I sketch out my design first, it looks and

New website!

You may remember that last month, I was trying to decide what I wanted to do blog-wise .  I finally decided that since my passion right now is food, cooking, and nutrition... I should concentrate on that.  And I think that is definitely the right decision for me. But... I don't think that is the right thing for Funky, Punky, & Plump.  So I am going to save this little corner of the blogworld as my place to post about pretty much everything other than food.  When my art, craft, or sewing bug hits, this is where I'll talk about it. Get Off The Couch and Cook is where I will be focusing on easy recipes that use real food, nothing processed.  I've already got it set up if you want to go check it out.  I've been kind of obsessed with it so even though there are only a handful of posts currently, there are quite a few more already scheduled. :) I feel good knowing what direction I am supposed to be going in.  I'm even sleeping better at night now even thou