Skip to main content

Cute and Creepy

I know I've not been posting much over the last few months but I haven't really been sewing as I've been more in painting mode and lazy mode. (*giggle*) I have still been following a few blogs* which are keeping my interest in refashioning going and I suspect the sewing bug will bite me again pretty soon.

In the meantime, though, I have found an Etsy site that makes me giggle with delight every time I look at my purchases: Cute and Creepy, Inc.

I Love Zombies button - 1"


I Give You My Heart pin


Zombie Girls, Girls, Girls Hair Clip


I can definitely see bouncing by her shop multiple times and placing orders. At some point, I may even buy something for someone else!

* A couple of my new favorite blogs that I visit almost daily are Max California, Crafty Pirate, and most recently The Secret Life of a Retail Assistant. I love the style all three of these lovely ladies have and they've all inspired me in one way or another! In fact, I found the items above thanks to Thera, the Crafty Pirate!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Dinner Guest

I had a wonderful guest for dinner last night. His name was Henry and he was delicious! (*evil grin*) I had no idea that sculpting with meat could actually be fun! I started with 5 pounds of ground beef mixed with 4 cups of diced onion, 10 oz roasted garlic bread crumbs, 4 eggs, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I put a roasted onion inside his cranium as filler/a brain and used raw onion for his eyes and teeth. I actually kind of grossed myself out when I covered him with tomato sauce. LOL Next was a nice layer of provolone cheese slices. I ended up putting a few toothpicks in the side pieces before cooking to help hold the cheese in place over the tomato sauce. He was roasted at 350-degrees for 100 minutes. I had to hack off his chin for my piece. I *had* to.... I'm not sure what that says about me but yeah. I had to. :) I did learn a couple of things for when I make this in August. ** I need to pack the meat a lot tighter and mince the onion inste...

(*swoon*)

I just got my first order from J and O Fabric and I am in looooooove! And, I happily blame Psycho Sue of Sew Misunderstood . :) I got the last 1-3/8 yards of this. Jealous? :) I'm not sure what I am going to do with it but I am envisioning either a ruffle at the bottom of a long skirt ( like I did here ) or the bodice of a cute top. I got 3 yards of this fun fabric. Again, not entirely sure what will become of this but I fell in love with it when I saw it. :) I know this is totally not the type of thing I would typically wear but I couldn't pass it up! I have a couple of black tanks that I could use to make baby doll style shirts and this would be fun for the bottom of that. I got just 1 yard of this. I can't wait! (*wiggles excitedly*)

Opinion Needed: Matron of Honor dress

I am so excited! My little sister is getting married in October and I get to be her matron-of-honor for the wedding. :) They are having a small ceremony and she wants a Gothic feel to her wedding so she told me to just get a dress that fits that theme. Heh heh... I can do that! I originally ordered this dress from Roaman's : I thought it was pretty, simple, could easily be "gothed up" and, best of all, it was on sale AND I had a 40% coupon so I got a good deal on it. When I received it, the seams were extremely puckered and the pleating across the bodice hung in a horrible, unflattering way. And it wasn't from me not filling it out! The lining was rather snug across the boobages. So I returned it in exchange for another. The seams were better but I still had the same issue with the pleating. So I've decided to make my own. Here are my plans. :) And yes, that is indeed TV dinner paper that I wrote on. If you click here , you will see my wedding dress which uses the...